Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies


For one of the Feb challenges on Kitchen Keepsakes http://kitchenkeepsake.webs.com/ I created the layout above.  The challenge was to include red, pink, chocolate & hearts. Recently, I have been very inspired by my Grandma Kemper's cookbook that I inherited.  The cookbook is partially handwritten & so in honor of Grandma Rosemond I wanted to include her original recipe even though I was adapting it to make it chocolate.  I photographed the original recipe & edited it to include the chocolate adaptation & to note the sentimental value of the source.

  As always, I adapted the recipe substituting a gluten free chocolate cake mix for the yellow one, low fat cream cheese & margarine.  Even with these healthier substitutes these cookies are AMAZING!  You can't eat just one. . . These little bite-sized cookies disappear 3 or 4 at a time!

Lay Out Ingredients
Glitter Paper - Paper by Spectrums Cool by My Mind's Eye
Paper Doily - Close to My Heart
Felt pieces - New House - Fleece Baby Cream
Vintage Keyholes by Melissa Francess (I LOVE these!)
Martha Stewart's Punch Around The Page boarder punch
Pearl Rhinestone Stickers by Recollections
Lace by Decorative Trim
Random heart, flourish & chipboard title from my stash (sorry they are so old I don't know where they came from :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment